At the heart of Navigator’s
Brand Promise is a
Active biodiversity protection
Herdade de Espirra / Viveiros Aliança is Navigator’s forest nursery where Eucalyptus globulus plants are grown for paper (main crop) but where we can also find vineyards, cork oaks, stone pine, maritime pine and ornamental plants.
PLANTS OF VARIOUS SPECIES ARE EXPECTED TO BE PRODUCED IN 2012 AT THE GROUP’S FOREST NURSERIES.
GPS integrates biodiversity conservation in its forest management model.
- Identification of conservation zones protecting valueanle habitats and species.
- Cooperation in project “Life Nature“ for the conservation of Bonelli’s eagle in the south of Portugal and in the past, in a project for the conservation of the bustard.
- Creation of the protective buffer zones around watercouses.
- Preservation and enhancement of wildlife corridors.
- Promotion of structural diversity by creating a mosaic at the landscape level
- GPS has also been involved in several national and internation projects to promote the preservation of biodiversity.